I caught this rainbow trout near Vanderhoof BC. This is one of my favourite ways to make trout.
-1 Rainbow Trout
-1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
-1/3 Cup of Grainy Mustard
-1/2 Cup of Seasoned Breadcrumbs
-1 Tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1) Filet and debone. Use cooking tweezers or clean needle nose pliers to remove the pin bones.
3) Combine mustard and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix together.
4) Combine seasoned bread crumbs and red pepper flakes on a plate and season to taste with salt. Mix together.
5) Put the trout into the lemon and mustard mixture.
6) Heat olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
7) When olive oil just begins to slightly smoke, bread the trout evenly and place in the pan. Do not overcrowd the pan.
8) Adjust heat to ensure the trout does not burn. If the pan is smoking after trout is added, reduce heat slightly. It only takes a few minutes per side. Check regularly. Cook until golden brown on the under side and then flip.
9) Cook until the second side is golden brown and then serve.
Post a Comment